Me and the other girls who advanced that night as well, and our teacher. I know I look like a nerd. I was born that way.
I fianlly advanced to my second degree green belt. I think the last time I advacned was before or shortly after I had Max. I know I have been slacking with Karate. I don't know why, it was my own falt. I have time to practise that. I will say that it was hard going to an evening class and nursing for a long while. 8pm class just doesn't work to well with bed time, So i was late ALL the time. And when you are only able to attend a class that should be one hour for 20 minutes its hard to get into the grove. I would show up then have to leave. and I would miss so much.... Oh, yeah I forget that James was traveling a lot for work for a good 4 MONTHS, and I never got to go then as well. Sheez!
My teacher was going around the room one day to decide who was ready to advance and why we were not ready. When he got to me he said while pointing his fingure "no more babys for you!" because this is the reason I have been slow adavancing. he didn't really mean it, he was joking. Well, Anna (my class friend) and I started to laugh because I was preganant at that time. So after class I had informed him my progress was about to go down the drain again because I was having another baby. Of course he was excited. But, now the pressure is on. In order to get my next belt before my next baby I have to try hard (havne't started that yet). I am finding the motivation and am going to do it. I don't want it to take me another year to advance. I just can't! Wish me luck.

5 comments:
Congrats!! Way to go.
Way to go Tami! I think it's so great to have a fun hobby that you allows you to push yourself and learn something new.
I love that you were 'born looking that way'! That picture makes me laugh. Good luck with advancing is Karate.
Oh my goodness, your hair is short!! How do you like it?
At least you've kept doing something. I haven't kept at anything, so I think it's great for you even to try.
No way! You are amazing! I can't believe you do Karate- you rock!
Post a Comment