At the first of Febuary my Dad took me on a day date skiing which I have not done in 2 or 3 years. I am not a good skier even though I have been many many many times. I just never got over the first lesson of snow plowing so you can imagine how fast I go and what my legs feel like when I am done. But I still have fun.
It was a beautiful day and it was so fun to be with my Dad. We don't get a lot of time alone anymore. He has a goal to take all his kids out skiing as a gift to us. If you really know my Dad his mind is always in to places at the same time. So skiing with him he knows I am his partner but he is busy thinking of what hill is next and unintentionally leaves me. Since I know this and it was basic survival in my house,I have to keep my eyes on him all the time to make sure we meet up again or end up on the same lift. Also, he said it countless times to me that he wants to use it before he loses it. He didn't mention this quit like this but it was how I understood it: He is an old man (refering to himself) and can out ski most old men and was proud to be with a young girl. Ok the last one he said out loud. As he said it... "When people see me, an old man skiing with a young girl I want to wear a shirt that says Its ok, Shes my daughter". That part I find very funny because I heard him say this once years ago after skiing with one of my sisters in a testimony meeting. TESTIMONY MEETING! I am laughing right now. I love my Dad!
Cute Dad going up the lift. His smile reminds me of a child forcing a smile.
A picture of me proving I went skiing.
My dad is the little spot at the bottom waiting for me because I am that slow.
The big wide tracks that I leave behind me from my snow plowing. I really only snow plow.

3 comments:
GO for the GOLD Tami!
What a fun date! I remember going on daddy daughter dates when I was little. Fun. I love the video of the basement. I can't wait to come see it! I wish ours was done...one day.
Tami, you are still so beautiful and your little family is darling. I am so glad you found my blog.
I hope everything is going well. P.S. I think your dad is funny!
Post a Comment